Monday, September 27, 2010

2x4 Pumpkin Tutorial

Here is a easy 2x4 pumpkin tutorial...




First, cut your 2x4's. You can also use 1x3's. They are slightly smaller and cheaper. I actually prefer them :) For this particular pumpkin cut 2 blocks at 5 inches and the other two at 4 inches. Sand the edges lightly.

Paint the 2x4's orange. I paint mine on all sides but you could just do the front, sides and top.





I used Americana's Burnt orange (above) for the pumpkin pieces and any old brown will do for the stem.



Sand the edges of all pieces.





Cut your paper into strips. Just in case you're wondering....I used a double sided paper from Graphic 45. It's in their Christmas Past Collection. It's called Deck the Halls. Ink the edges of each paper strip with a brown ink pad.




Now it's time for some mod podge!




I put the mod podge on the block and then put the paper on it. Make sure you get no bubbles (they drive me crazy) by smoothing the paper down with your fingers. I let it dry a little and then add a top layer.


Gorilla glue is the best and it's time to use some!


Use this gorilla wood glue to glue the pieces together. It will need some time to dry and you are finished! If you like add some embellishments such as ribbon, yarn and/or berries.





The best thing about pumpkins is there are so many possibilities....big, small, tall, short, wide,

or narrow. What kind of pumpkin will you choose?




Speaking of cute little pumpkins....any crafter with kids knows the damage that can be done while crafting. As I posted this post, double trouble, aka my sons, filled one of their socks up with mud and threw it at the back of the house. The little pumpkin in orange is wearing a brand new shirt. I took this picture so I can remember to laugh....someday :) Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. found your blog and love it!!! So inspiring!! Could you please share the size of the stem? Are all the pumpkins using the same size wood pieces? I noticed the tall narrow one has three middle pieces. I love them all and would like to make them all. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...