Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Porch

My front porch is so boring.  Just recently I decided I need to do something about it.  I should have a before picture but your imagination is good enough...Imagine....well nothing!  This project is requiring a lot of building and use of brain cells.  Yeah...brain cells.  After having four kids I seriously feel like I don't have many left.  Also have I ever mentioned I don't like to measure things.  Well I don't and when building stuff you need to measure EVERYTHING :)  This is the start....


I built the bench and the sign holder thingy...a cute sign is in the works.


In my neighborhood a "no soliciting" sign is essential.  There is always someone coming down the street selling something and they are so aggressive now days.  People have told me a good salesman will ignore the sign and come to your door anyway.  I call that annoying!  Can't wait to share what it looks like when I'm finished.

6 comments:

  1. I cant wait to see it all finished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make your porch hanger? I love it!!! If you did, do you directions on how to built one?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Porch hanger! That's what it's called. I did make it and will share a how to :) Thanks for the support girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you also share how you made the bench! Love the RED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally need a "no soliciting" sign too! It is hard to find something cute but serious enough someone will pay attention to it. Our neighborhood has gotten a little out of hand with solicitors too. I don't want to buy fruit from some guy carrying it in his pockets!!! Looking forward to a how to. By the way I love your blog and your playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A "good" salesman that ignored a no soliciting sign at my house would an earful and a door slammed in the face. Well, okay maybe just shut...I wouldn't want to punish the house. Love the porch improvements. Wanna come help me with my boring porch next?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...