Saturday, May 7, 2011

Wood you Like to Craft Linky Party Time

It's time for the What Wood You Craft linky party over at CRAFTY SISTERS.   Come link up if you have made a project inspired by the Crafty Sisters tool box.


So many things you can do with this beauty.  Crafty Sisters have listed their linky party rules on their site.  Please read them before you link up :)  Below is a how-to of my version of the project.

Yay!  Perfect for Mother's Day because it makes me happy.  I love simple projects that everyone can do.  All I did is take some old molding someone gave me and cut it to fit my window.


I used Gorilla Glue to hold it all together.  The water bottles added the extra pressure as it dried.

Sand your rough edges and then spray paint the box.  I used Krylon's Heirloom White.  I let it dry... which for some reason is really hard for me!  I always want to get to the next step!  After it is dry, if you would like, you can sand it up again for more of an antique look.  I also took my brown ink pad and inked it up.


I added some flavor to my jars by hot gluing some ribbon around the tops and weaving burlap in the spaces. 
There you have it...my version of the the project! Pick a spot in you house that needs a little beauty and put this project there.  It will make you happy!


3 comments:

  1. I ♥ gorilla glue almost as much as I ♥ crafting! I've followed you blog for a while now and enjoy your posts. This is such a cute project, I'm just getting into blogging, check me out at http://www.laundrywillwait.blogspot.com/

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I'm totally making one! I've been m.i.a lately. I'm trying to catch up on all your cute crafts! LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! I will try to make one...Must get some of that gorilla glue,love your blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...