Monday, September 21, 2009

Nativity Patterns


My goodness! I made these a while back and absolutely {HEART} them. I asked my hubby what he thought and he said "Hmmm...well maybe someone will buy them?...". Not the kind of enthusiasm I was looking for. I see so many possibilities for them...Super Saturday, YW craft project/gift...Or you can do what I'm thinking about...pick a few neighbor/friends and doing the 12 Days of Christmas. Give a piece of the nativity each day. Attached to the piece will be a tag with a scripture or something of the sort. It's still a work in process. I hope all my friends and neighbors don't see these here...if you do pretend you don't know it's me!!! I'm cutting these out for $8.00 each unfinished set for those who don't have my wood cutting abilities! Just e-mail me @ beachellfamily02@hotmail.com Check out some more pics....

Eek....I'm in the process of making a set of Wisemen...on them will say in vinyl "Wisemen still seek Him". My hope is it will be fabulous...not all my ideas are! You should see some of my big flops!


And just cause I love ya all so much I'm going to share the wealth here on my blog and give you the pattern. Why you ask? Just cause...


In my set the wisemen are about 5 inches tall (1/2 inch thick MDF)....I can't figure out how to make the pattern true to size. I promise I scanned them onto my computer at their actual size! Ahhhh...!

Now people say this to me all the time..."Melinda there is NO possible way I can finish these. I'm just not crafty!" These are so easy. You get your set and sand it. Spray it with this spray paint (What a bonus a pic included!) and sand the edges and the front. You can't mess it up! I sanded mine a little more in certain areas to give it a different look. As for sandpaper the more grit the better! If I can do it anybody can..... I'm always around for support and questions! Make it a great day.

37 comments:

  1. I am for sure bribing my husband somehow to make these for me :) So cute!! Thanks for the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just clicked on your blog from UCreate and you must know my niece Nicole?? She is in the picture at the top of your blog. You must work with her in YW??

    Love the nativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cool! i love that its kid friendly...i have two little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will totally make these. Thanks. I LOVE nativity sets, can't seem to get enough. The kids can't break these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping you will still have these available after Christams. I just found youand I'm going to try and make my own. But....just in case. And I love all the ways you gave for how they could be used. And yes I love that kids can play with them. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...so talented! I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks gals :) Love all the kind words! I carry the nativity set in my etsy shop all year round...so no worries if it doesn't work out making them by yourself. Yes my calling is in YWs and I do know Nicole! I love her!! I'm sure I have heard about you from her before. You must have been surprised to come to my blog and see a pic of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing the patterns. My step-grandpa & my stepdad are both great at cutting so I'm sure I can convince one of these fine men to cut me some of these this winter to have for next Christmas. I love the idea of doing a 12 days of Christmas with them...this year was the first I'd heard of that & I saw several blogs talk about it. I'm also a preschool teacher and these would be great for the kids to do (if I'm still teaching this time next year). I {heart} you for sharing! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!! what a blessing that you put this pattern on your blog - thank you so much!! i love this nativity and i cannot wait to try to make it myself!!
    can i ask what you use to cut it out? a jigsaw?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can only get the last two to print. What am I doing wrong?? shansen20@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going to fix that problem right now :) I will also e-mail them to you Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I don't know anything about cutting wood, but I'm going to print these out and use them to make a felt board scene for my kids, thanks for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I posted the felt board set we made here (and linked back to your post):

    http://mamasmiles.com/?p=1081

    Thank you for the pattern, I had been wanting to make my kids a felt board nativity set and this works beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea and thank you for the pattern!! I cannot seem to get it to print either, can you possibly email it to me as well?? Now that Christmas is over, I can get started for next year!! Thank you! Love your blog!
    kristilynne24@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you ever so much!!!!
    it is sooo nice!
    I think I might try it!!
    big kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for posting this pattern! I am going to give it a try this weekend. I am having a hard time getting the drawings to resize to the correct size...You stated the wise men are about five inches high...how high is Joseph? Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love this set. i originally saw it on sugardoodle a year or two ago and again today on Etsy. I will eventually order a set for myself and possibly as gifts this year too. Very cute. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are Fabulous!!!! I can't get the pictures to go bigger, I know this was for last year, and I don't know if you are still willing to give away your pattern?? If so can you e-mail me at nicksfam6@gmail.com? If not I totally understand, just thought I would at least check!
    Thanks!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! Hubby has a project for this weekend (he, he, he).

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just found your blog and love these nativities.. I am wondering if it is possible to get a copy of it. I would love to get started on it right now while I am home for christmas break..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sending the wood so quickly! I'm excited to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this pattern! I am planning to use it to make a gingerbread nativity scene - I'll let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this. My son loves making things with wood. He'll be so happy to do this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I found you through Pinterest and wondered if you were still offering the pattern? Either way, Merry Christmas! Great idea :-)

    lcturnbow(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Are you still selling them as a cut out?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Are these still available as a pattern? Would be perfect for my 16 month old daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Is this pattern still available? Would be perfect for my 16 month old and just in time for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. How do u make them stand up?

    ReplyDelete
  29. What's the web address for your etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Are these still available??? I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Are these still available? I LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Perfect for the felt figures I want to make for my grandchildren. But the wood sounds so cool too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...