Friday, December 17, 2010

Burlap Ornament

I think it's going to be a burlap Christmas here in my house.  I just can't help myself.  I love the simplicity of it.  This burlap ornament is super quick and easy but also looks BEAUTIFUL on my tree!


For my wood cutting friends...did you know Home Depot has started selling sheets of 1/8 inch MDF?  A sheet cost $2.99.   That means I can cut out with my scroll saw... oh I don't know maybe hundred plus of these 1/8 wooden ornaments (below) for about a cent.  If your not a person who cuts wood you can go down to a craft store and get 10 or so for $5.00.


To make this ornament you need some sort of base.  I cut an ornament because I was doing something else with them too.  A circle will do.  Grab a pencil and your hot glue gun.   Cut a bunch of squares of burlap.  I frayed the ends of mine because I like that look.  Most burlap naturally does it :)


Wrap the burlap around your pencil and put a dot of hot glue on it.


Start in the center and press down on the wood.



Don't forget your ornament hanger!  I used Jute and hot glued it to the wood.  This can be done at the beginning.  I almost forgot.



I put them close together in the center.   As you get closer to the edges just let the burlap fall that way.




It's just that easy.  Have a very merry burlap Christmas!


7 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I LOVE all things burlap, and this is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tons of scrap burlap around that I now have something to do with. This is such a cute idea! I too am loving all things burlap, I like the natural look it has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, soo cute. I want to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! I really like how the burlap looks on the tree. You are making such cute stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Rustic and simple! I just love it! Hope you'll come link up to Made with Love Monday :) The party will be open until Friday so feel free to link up multiple projects. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The burlap ornament go so well with the red berries on your tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, it looks like something i can actually do! thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...