Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2x4 Shamrock

It's a 2x4 shamrock!  I have no idea why I keep coming up with this stuff.  I jumped on the 2x4 boat and never jumped back off :) 


It's easy and fun to make.  The bonus is it looks cute on my shelf.

Below is how to cut your wood.  The inside number is how long the 2x4 piece is in inches.  The outside number is the degree I cut the edges of the wood.  Lot's of luck!
P.S.  Don't forget to check out the current giveaway.  I announced the winners of last week's giveaway and I'm waiting to hear from those 5 people.  Go check out if you're a winner...well you're all winners....I mean a winner of the Charm-Cicle giveaway :)

14 comments:

  1. what did you use to hold the 2x4's together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aagh! I need a saw! So cute! If the winners don't contact you in the next few days I'll take them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally going to make this! THanks for the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For those of us who don't craft and can't pick out a cute color, what color of green did you use to paint your shamrock? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. u are the 2x4 queen! I featured u on my blog:) Check it out @ http://maryberryboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Cute! I'd love for you to share this at Sundae Scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial. I love, love, love ideas like this one. It allows me to use scraps to make something great!

    Denise
    Extreme Personal Measures

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am having a problem cutting this out. The 2x4s have to be longer then pictured to make this work. Is the middle 2x4 really only eight and a half inches long? The width of a 2x4 is 3.5 inches long which would mean that the length would be just over twice the width. This wouldn't work? Help? what am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute!! i love it!! (: totally goin to make that TODAY!! {my st patty's decor is lacking!}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this 2x4 too! I am featuring it at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The measurements didn't work for me either. I think I'm going to add about 6 inches to each of the lengths and try that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! I hope you will link up to my St. Patty's Day Project Parade!

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/03/st-pattys-day-project-parade-linky.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...