Monday, April 26, 2010

1/2 Marathon Medal :)

Saturday I ran a 1/2 marathon with my sisters and some friends. It was a lot of work but also fun. My friend came up with the idea of doing our own 1/2 marathon. I called her one day and asked her if I could make metals. She said yes and this is what I came up with...



I'm starting to think anything is possible with washers. I just stamped a large washer and small washer. My friend named the marathon "1/2 ladies". I stamped the date in the middle. Here I am with my sisters...

I know it's nothing as fancy as a real medal but I thought it turned out cute. So many possibilities for this little gem. Are the wheels turning in your brain? I will tell you it looks super cute with just the word "courage" (it's my word of the year), a big flower and a small flower of a different color. So many flower color options out there too. Pictures will come soon.

4 comments:

  1. That is great! Way to go. Cute medals as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda, I have tried contacting you by e-mail several times. I have not received the YW in excellence book that I paid for. It has been 25 days. Please contact me. Stephanie browningjs@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size washers did you use. I want to do a medal similar to this for Girl's Camp. Will you please let me know? ykathomas@yahoo.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! This is such a great idea! and so simple – perfect for GIRLS CAMP!! I was wondering what washer sizes you used. I went hunting today but of all the washers I collected none give me the same proportions you have here? Thanks!! jjfisher@cox.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...