Sunday, December 12, 2010

2x4 Christmas Present

My day tomorrow is crazy so pretend today's post is tomorrow's post...  I can't believe I didn't think of this one before.  Maybe because sometimes I make things way too complicated.  My hubby would agree.  With that said...a 2x4 Christmas present...


I'm currently having a love affair with the color blue.  My daughter told me I should have used more Christmas colors.  Everyone is a craft critic!


Growing up presents didn't appear under the tree until Christmas morning.  I remember walking down and our tree would be so pretty and there was always so many presents !  We now have the same tradition in my family.  2x4 Christmas presents will be a great addition to fill that space until Christmas!  They are even child proof :)  I put this little pretty down and my four year old came running up and said "A present!!!".  His excitement about this present craft is adorable.  Please excuse my undecorated tree in the below picture.  We wait until after my daughter's birthday to get a tree.  We got it on Saturday and just had a chance to put it up.  I love it.  It only cost $30.00 and for free we got that cute tree wrapped and taken to our car while we sat by a fire, kids got candy canes, hot chocolate and cookies.  That would be only one of the many reasons I love Washington.


So many possibilities...different sizes and colors.  Go make yourself some presents.  I would love to see what you are all creating with this idea!

11 comments:

  1. SO cute! I made your 2x4 Christmas tree and I love it! We have the same tradition; no presents until Santa comes! So fun! Our tree is normally decorated in blue since we have lake front property. Such a beautiful color to celebrate with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Way cuter in person. Sometimes pictures make things cuter than they are and other time they don't show the cuteness! I think I just made a bunch of new words up in this comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your 2x4 crafts!!! Great job and keep 'em coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!
    I also love the stand you have your tree on! Love the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! And by the way, I love the color blue at Christmas!

    Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites! Hope you'll link up again next week. Also, please stop by this Thursday for my Christmas Recipe Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your 2x4s! I was waiting to see someone do a 2x4 present! Cute. I am naming you a "BLOG TO WATCH" at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. because I just see your blog getting bigger and bigger and bigger! You got "it." I posted your banner and link to your site on my sidebar. Grab the "Blog to watch" button. Only a very few blogs have that button.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I am addicted to this! This is so cute. I also love the colors used.

    I'd love it if you could stop by my blog and check out my 1st giveaway!

    http://theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com/2010/12/v8-ambition-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that I can comment without word verification!!!!!!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 2x4 present and I would like to know more about your tree stand. Thanks for all the good ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...